How to Wash and Clean Your Supreme
Do you have a dirty stinky Supreme that need some washing or got some stains on them? Here's a guide on how to clean and wash different Supreme clothing and items. IMPORTANT NOTE! This is how I wash/clean my Supreme but follow at your own risk. I'm obviously not responsible if you end up ruining your Supreme.
How to Wash Supreme T-Shirt/Tees
- Always turn your Supreme shirts inside out whenever you wash them to avoid getting their prints damaged. The friction caused by washing would flake the design. Turning your shirts inside out also helps clean the sweat that sticks in them. Doing this can also prevent the design from fading.
- Use cold water and a mild detergent. Some chemicals from other washing agents could adversely affect the fibers or even the print. As much as possible, do use a liquid softener so as to keep the cloth soft.
- Never use bleach. Bleach has the tendency to fade the print. In the worst case, it can even erase the print.
- Do not take long in soaking these shirts. One hour is enough for them to be soaked.
- Hang to dry. I don't recommend using a tumble dryer as your Supreme graphic/image will have a chance of "cracking".
How to Wash Supreme Hoodies and Sweatshirts
- Hoodies are rarely worn without any inner shirt. Because of that, they rarely need any washing at all.
- In the event that they do need some washing, make sure that the zippers and buttons are closed. After that, they should be washed inside out.
- Like tees, they should be washed with cold water and a mild detergent. Avoid using any bleach as it may cause the color to fade.
- Hang to dry as well similar to a Supreme tee to prevent cracking.
How to Clean Supreme Cap or Hat
- Caps are relatively easy to wash because of their small stature. Warm water and a tablespoon of laundry detergent is enough to wash the cap.
- Soak the cap for about a solid hour, and all the dirt on the cap will wash off. What is left after soaking will be the stains.
- If ever there are solid stains that can be found on the cap, use an old toothbrush and some detergent to brush them all off.
- However, if there are sweat stains, it is best to wash them by using a shampoo instead. Threaded and stitched areas are sensitive, so they should not be subject to any pressure such as being brushed.
- For any excess moisture, wipe them with a dry towel and leave them out to dry.
How to Wash Supreme Shoes
- Excess dirt should first be removed by using a soft-bristled brush such as an old toothbrush.
- Use a mixture of warm water and detergent and apply it to a sponge or any soft-bristled brush. Use the sponge or brush to clean the affected areas.
- Use another sponge or cloth and soak it with warm water. Use this sponge or cloth to rinse off any excess detergent left in the Supreme shoes.
- Leave them out to dry.
General Washing Tips and Advice
- Always separate colored clothes from white clothes. Mixing them may cause discoloration among the clothes.
- Do not be too aggressive in washing these clothes. It is preferred to use a gentle washing cycle.
- Never use a hairdryer to dry your clothes. The extra heat would only cause the clothes to shrink. It is best to let them hang dry on an open area where they are exposed to the sun.